Establishing a Spanish Holding Company
A Spanish holding company (ETVE) is one of the most effective tax planning instruments worldwide for international tax planning.
Request a Call Back
Establishing a company in Spain is easier than you think, we implement and co-ordinate all aspects of the company/branch set-up so your business is up and running quickly and efficiently.
Thanks to the Special Tax Regime for holding companies, Spain is a highly attractive centre for channeling international investment to foreign countries such as Latin America owing to its tax friendly holding company tax regime providing exemption from dividends and capital gains obtained by holding shares in foreign companies. Spanish holding companies benefit from the Double Taxation Treaties that Spain has signed with over 90 countries worldwide.
At Scudamore Law, we translate the complexities of the Spanish corporate and tax law into straightforward, English-language solutions for our clients. Our seamless integration of English and Spanish business law in our practice makes the process of setting up your holding company in Spain smooth and effortless. Contact us now or call us on (+44) 0207 097 5550 (for our UK offices) or (+34) 915 93 91 26 (for our Spanish offices)
“Excellent, friendly and highly professional support in setting up a business in Spain.”
“Professional outfit and efficient employees. Several jobs performed over a 15-year period. Were responsiveness beyond reproach it would be 5/5.”
We deliver operational, compliant business structures enabling you to conduct business activities and employ local staff from day 1.
The benefits of a Spanish holding company
The Special Tax Regime for Spanish holding companies offers significant advantages enabling foreign investors to increase shareholder value by minimizing the tax burden on overseas income and profits:
- Dividends and capital gains received by the holding company from their shareholding in non-resident companies are exempt from Spanish Corporation Tax
- Capital gains from the sale of the shares of the holding company are not subject to taxation in Spain where certain conditions are met
- Dividends distributed by the holding company to non-resident shareholders are not subject to withholding tax in Spain.
- Spanish holding companies benefit from an extensive network of over 90 Double Taxation Treaties as well as the Parent-Subsidiary Directive 0% withholding tax for dividends and other profits received from subsidiaries resident in other European Union countries
Our team of international business lawyers has 20+ years experience of foreign investment in Spain and is expert in all the international and cross-border aspects of these operations.
Establishing a holding company in Spain
The benefits of the Special Tax Regime for Spanish holding companies are only available to companies that meet the necessary legal requirements. It is therefore essential to receive sound, professional advice to be able to take full advantage of the special tax regime and the benefits it offers. We provide advice in English and are able to communicate and interface effectively with your advisers in other jurisdictions thereby avoiding misunderstandings.
Scudamore Law is ideally placed to ensure that the Spanish holding company complies with legal requirements in Spain both when setting up the company and on an on-going basis to maximise its advantages. We assist with every stage of the process, including:
- constituting a limited or public liability company in Spain (SL or SA)
- registering for a tax identification number
- registration in the Spanish Commercial Register
- preparing the relevant assessment forms and depositing them with the Spanish Treasury
- filing foreign investment declarations
- advising on the available tax exemptions and reductions and making associated filings
- ensuring company compliance for non-resident directors or shareholders.
Contact our bi-lingual business lawyers for Spanish holding company legal advice today
By choosing Scudamore Law to take care of the legal necessities involved in setting up a holding company in Spain, you can be sure matters will be handled swiftly, comprehensively and skillfully. Experts in Spanish as well as English company law, our English-speaking team communicate with you precisely and proactively, so you can be confident that matters are progressing promptly and efficiently. Use our enquiry form to get in touch or contact our offices in London (+44) 0207 097 5550 or Madrid (+34) 915 93 91 26.
Why Choose Scudamore Law?
We anticipate your needs, obviating the time and expense of corrective action later on.
We communicate in native English
Our dual-qualified English/Spanish lawyers are expert in Spanish and English company law.
Professional ethos of the English Bar.
Highly personalised service
We keep our clients informed and confident that their matters are well managed and under control.
Flexible, commercial approach
We put ourselves in the client’s place and strive to achieve the best outcome.
No hidden cost.
Send us your telephone number and we will call you back
Let’s Get Started
Our friendly team is here to help and advise you. Please fill in the form on the right and we will revert ASAP.
Tel. UK: +44 207 097 5550
Tel. Spain: +34 915 939 126